Heartlands Academy is committed to promoting fundamental British values of the rule of law, democracy, individual liberty and mutual respect. It is not acceptable to discriminate based on colour, ethnicity, religion/belief, gender, gender-reassignment, sexual orientation and disability; to this end we aim to ensure these values are a part of our academy curriculum. We live in a multifaceted country whereby all its citizens are able to enjoy the freedom of choice. By promoting this through our academy we aim to ensure the personal development of our students.
PSHE curriculum links to fundamental British values Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11:
- 1. Individual liberty
- 2. Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
- 3. Rule of law
- 4. What is extremism and how does it conflict with British values?
- 5. What is radicalisation?
- 6. Tackling extremism and radicalisation
- 7. Controversial migration to Syria