Health and Social Care
Social Sciences is an inter disciplinary department bringing different kinds of scholarship to include Health and Social Care, Business Studies, Law, Psychology and Sociology. We pride ourselves on combining innovative teaching methods that allow students to acquire relevant knowledge of the world around them as well as combining theory and practice when opportunities and day visits arise for subject related work experience.
Head of Social Sciences
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Students of Edexcel Health and Social Care GCSE develop knowledge and understanding of personal development and relationships, issues affecting the nature and quality of human life, and the provision of health, social care and early years services.
Key Stage 5 Curriculum
These vocational qualifications help level 3 students develop the practical knowledge, skills and understanding they need to prepare for their chosen career.
Each component includes synoptic assessment, so that learners have a holistic learning experience and are able to apply concepts to different situations.
A variety of units covering:
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights for Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security for Health and Social Care
- Development Through Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social care
- Personal, Professional Development for Health and Social care
- Sociological Perspective for Health and Social care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Values and Planning for Social Care
- Caring for Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Adults and Promoting Independence
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care